The Junior High years present the opportunity for students to become more focused and independent regarding the blending of school and social aspects. The curriculum builds on those skills introduced and honed during the previous years.
Summer Reading List for 2013 - 2014 School Year ONLY:
*Please note, this list changes yearly; therefore, please do not purchase these ahead of time. The new list for next school year will be posted in May 2015.
Choose one book for the list. Due in September. Date will be announced in class.
- Airborne by Kenneth Oppel
- My Brother Sam is Dead by James and Christopher Collier
- Death Cloud by Andrew lane
- The Mother-Daughter Book by Heather Vogel Frederick
- Fever Crumb by Phillip Reeve
- Escape! The Story of the Great Houdini by Sid Fleischman
- The Varjak Paw by S.F. Said
- Bloody Jack: Being An Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary “Jacky” Faber, Ship’s Boy by L.A. Meyer
- Rapunzel’s Revenge by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale
10. Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements
11. I Funny: A Middle School Story by Chris Grabenstein and James Patterson
12. Samphire Song by Jill Hucklesby