Sixth Grade is a very exciting time at St. Peter School. The children are just entering Junior High. Students receive more responsibility, and switch classes for major subjects.
There is plenty of fun to be had in sixth grade as well. The students are allowed to participate in Lifetime Activities. They are held in the Spring and teach the children a life skill. Some of the classes that have been offered in the past is cooking, drama, art, yoga, golf, computer design, tennis, sewing, and many others. The children enjoy these activities and they last for six weeks. The children also go to camp. They do this in the spring. It is an overnight outing that teaches them environmental education. Many other field trips are offered throughout the year. Sixth grade is definitely a time of change, as well as a time of growth.
Summer Reading List for 2013 - 2014 School Year ONLY:
*Please note, this list changes yearly; therefore, please do not purchase these ahead of time. The new list for next school year will be posted in May 2015.
Choose one book for the list. Due in September. Date will be announced in class.
- Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathon Stroud
- Hoot by Carl Hiassen
- Dead End by Jack Gantos
- Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg
- Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm
- Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
- Boy of Beast (the creature from the seventh grade #1) by Bob Balaban
- Joshua Dread by Lee Bacon
- Something Upstairs by Avi
- Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow by Nathan Bransord
11. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I The Mysterious Howling by MaryRose Wood
12. Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis